With cornerback Damon Arnette suspended for the first half against Nebraska due to targeting last week, Urban Meyer confirmed that sophomore cornerback Kendall Sheffield will get the nod at starter opposite Denzel Ward. Sheffield has had his struggles in coverage thus far this season, and Meyer noted that highly-touted true freshman corner Jeffrey Okudah will also be in the mix. Nebraska has a pedestrian passing attack, ranking No. 63 in the nation. Cornhusker quarterback Tanner Lee has struggled with accuracy — throwing for 11 touchdowns against 10 interceptions this season.
- Buckeye Talk: Is Nick Bosa better than Joey Bosa?; who should replace Rutgers in Big Ten; worst fast food, Cleveland.com – October 12
- Ohio State Podcast: Ohio State defense is ready for primetime, Land of 10 – October 12
- Keeping it simple on offense gets results, Bill Rabinowitz, Columbus Dispatch – October 11
- Trevon Grimes taking leave from Ohio State football program, Bill Landis, Cleveland.com – October 11
- Ohio State’s rebuilding offensive line should be too much for Nebraska, Chuck McKeever, Land-Grant Holy Land – October 11
Thanks for reading the Buckeye Daily, the AM newsletter the press, program, and fans read edited by Jim Baird. Know someone who would appreciate this e-mail? Sign up here or send me a line firstname.lastname@example.org. And join the squad following on Twitter @buckeyedaily.