By Jim Baird | AM Football Briefing | Thursday, November 17
URBAN – PEOPLE RESPECT OUR WORK: With only regular season games remaining against schools from That State Up North, playoff discussion is seeping into the Woody Hayes. On Tuesday, Ohio State jumped four spots in the playoff rankings to No. 2, behind only undefeated Alabama. What does Urban Meyer make of the No. 2 ranking? “Playoff rankings, obviously people respect our work but that’s it…We move on and play the best we can,” said Meyer. Ohio State is a 22 point favorite heading into Saturday’s game in East Lansing. Last season, the then undefeated No. 3 ranked Buckeyes were 13 point favorites against No. 9 Michigan State before being upended 17-14 in the ‘Shoe.
Happy Thursday. Only a week until Thanksgiving. Thanks for clicking on The Buckeye Daily — the Ohio State morning football briefing the press, program and fans read, edited by Sporting News college football reporter Jim Baird. Know someone who would appreciate this e-mail? Sign up here or send me a line email@example.com. And join the squad following on Twitter @buckeyedaily.
1) Line’s pressure key part of defensive dominance, Bill Rabinowitz, Columbus Dispatch – November 17
2) Controlling OSU’s Barrett is Spartans’ goal, Nicholas Piotrowicz, Toledo Blade – November 17
3) Ohio State football depth chart for the Nov. 19 game before Michigan, Bill Landis, Plain Dealer – November 16
4) Ohio State says outside receivers playing well, even without catching passes, Doug Lesmerises, Plain Dealer – November 16
5) Conference expansion might mess up the Big Ten championship game yet again, Matt Brown, Land-Grant Holy Land – November 16