By Jim Baird | AM Football Briefing | Monday, November 14
OSU MOVES TO #2 IN AP RANKINGS: Ohio State jumped four spots in the AP rankings to No. 2, behind top-ranked Alabama. Notable rankings: That School Up North #3, Wisconsin #6, Oklahoma #8, Penn State #9, Nebraska #19. Read the full rankings here. The playoff committee will release their new rankings tomorrow at 9:00 PM EST. Ohio State is a 22-point favorite against Michigan State Saturday.
Thanks for clicking on The Buckeye Daily — the Ohio State morning football briefing the press, program and fans read, edited by Sporting News college football reporter Jim Baird. Know someone who would appreciate this e-mail? Sign up here or send me a line email@example.com. And join the squad following on Twitter @buckeyedaily.
1) Players have plenty of incentive vs. Michigan State, Tim May, Columbus Dispatch – November 13
2) For UM and OSU, just win and you’re in, David Briggs, Toledo Blade – November 14
3) Michigan lost and some conflicted Ohio State fans are mad, Doug Lesmerises, Plain Dealer – November 13
4) Here’s what Ohio State needs to still make the College Football Playoff, Luke Zimmermann and Geoff Hammersley, Land-Grant Holy Land – November 13
5) Can Ohio State Make The College Football Playoff Without Playing for The Big Ten Championship?, Eric Seger, Eleven Warriors – November 13