By Jim Baird | AM Football Briefing | Friday, November 11 – 6:00 AM
A NEW ROLE FOR CURTIS SAMUEL SATURDAY: Curtis Samuel is electric. When he’s running it, he’s averaging 7.9 yards per carry. When he’s catching it, he’s averaging 13 yards per touch. He already has 10 touchdowns to his name. How can Ohio State use his dynamic skill-set even more? Urban has an idea, “He’s going to be our punt returner this week, which is another chance to get the ball in his hands.” This season, Samuel has a single punt return for -5 yards. Those numbers are going to change in a hurry Saturday. Ohio State is a 29.5 point favorite against Maryland.
Happy Veterans Day. Thanks for clicking on The Buckeye Daily — the Ohio State morning football briefing the press, program and fans read, edited by Sporting News college football reporter Jim Baird. Know someone who would appreciate this e-mail? Sign up here or send me a line email@example.com. And join the squad following on Twitter @buckeyedaily.
1) Burrow’s game against Nebraska special for him, family, Bill Rabinowitz, Columbus Dispatch – November 11
2) Samuel evokes comparisons to Harvin, Tim May, Columbus Dispatch – November 11
3) J.T. Barrett searching for deep ball consistency, but here’s how Ohio State’s QB is improving, Bill Landis – Plain Dealer – November 10
4) Ohio State’s hype video for the Maryland game is here to get you pumped, Harry Lyles Jr., Land-Grant Holy Land – November 10
5) How Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes Dashed the Terps’ Hopes of Securing the State’s Top Talent, Andrew Ellis, Eleven Warriors – November 10