Tuesday, November 1 – 6:00 AM
URBAN – WE’RE A WORK IN PROGRESS: Heading into Saturday’s top-10 match up with Nebraska, Urban continues to see positives but notes the team is a work in progress: “I do see some very good positives. I like the fact that you get in a street fight and you win it. And that’s a good sign of the future’s very bright here. We have really two seniors that are playing in Pat and Tyquan — well, Tyquan’s not, he’s got another year — and Dontre. You’ve got a bunch of young cats going and swinging hard and practicing hard. So I guess I’m much more positive. Do I wish that we were — that 56 points and all those kind of things, sure, but we’re a work in progress.” Watch Eleven Warriors video of the full press conference here.
Happy Playoff Committee Tuesday. Like Punxsutawney Phil emerging from his long winter hibernation in February, for the first time in a year the playoff committee will be seen and deliver news that will shape the coming months. In hand, at 7:00 on ESPN, will be the first playoff rankings. With wins over Oklahoma and Wisconsin, will OSU be the highest ranked one-loss team ahead of Louisville? We will see. Will the Indians seal the deal tonight? We will see. Thanks for clicking on The Buckeye Daily — the Ohio State morning football briefing the press, program and fans read, edited by Sporting News college football contributor Jim Baird. Know someone who would appreciate this e-mail? Sign up here or send me a line email@example.com. And join the squad following on Twitter @buckeyedaily.
1) Meyer positive things aren’t so bad, Bill Rabinowitz, Columbus Dispatch – November 1
2) Ohio State proposes $190 tickets for Oklahoma, Michigan State games next season, Matt Brown, Land-Grant Holy Land – October 31
3) Ohio State wide receiver Campbell questionable for Nebraska, Nicholas Piotrowicz, Toledo Blade – October 31
4) Ohio State’s Raekwon McMillan is making game-changing plays on a weekly basis, Ian Hartitz, Land-Grant Holy Land – October 31
5) Though Unrest Exists Outside the Program, Urban Meyer and Ohio State Focus on Positives, Moving Forward, Eric Seger, Eleven Warriors – October 31