By Jim Baird | AM Football Briefing | Saturday, October 22
INTO THE WHITE OUT: Monday Urban Meyer called Penn State one of the top five atmospheres in college football. It is also one of the biggest. In the world. With a capacity of 106,572, Beaver Stadium is the third largest stadium in the world (Ohio State is fourth with a capacity of 104,944). Favored by 19.5 points, the Buckeyes for the second week in a row enter a hostile night environment against a team coming off a bye week. Two years ago it took double overtime to down the Nittany Lions 31-24 en route to an eventual national championship. The Buckeyes have won the last four in the series, including last year’s 38-10 victory in the ‘Shoe. At 4-2 this year with losses at Pittsburgh and Michigan, Penn State coach James Franklin is feeling pressure to get a signature victory. In his third season at the helm, Franklin is 18-14 overall, with an underwater mark in the B1G at 8-11. Happy Valley will be rocking tonight. PREDICTION: Hello Mike Weber. Penn State’s run defense ranks No. 103 in the country. Good luck stopping Weber, JT and an Ohio State rushing attack that ranks No. 4 in the land, notching 300 yards a game. Expect this one to be close for a quarter, but the Lions can’t stop a freight train ground attack keyed by a big night from Mike: Ohio State 35, PSU 17.
Happy Gameday. I’m reporting from home base in Washington, DC this weekend. Thanks for clicking on The Buckeye Daily — the Ohio State morning football briefing the press, program and fans read, edited by Sporting News college football contributor Jim Baird. Know someone who would appreciate this e-mail? Sign up here or send me a line email@example.com. And join the squad following on Twitter @buckeyedaily.
1) Can Ohio State hold off Alabama for top 2017 class? Buckeye Talk Recruiting Podcast, Plain Dealer – October 21
1) Buckeyes prove mettle with road wins, Bill Rabinowitz, Columbus Dispatch – October 22
2) Ohio State is built for overtime and Urban Meyer knows it, Doug Lesmerises, Plain Dealer – October 21
3) Ohio State’s Offense Hasn’t ‘Reach Our Ceiling Yet’ At Season’s Midway Point, Tim Shoemaker, Eleven Warriors – October 21
4) Ohio State Five-Star Wide Receiver Commit Tyjon Lindsey Out For Remainder of Senior Season, Andrew Lind, Eleven Warriors – October 21