By Jim Baird | AM Football Briefing | Monday, August 29
SHOWTIME FOR 2014 RECRUITS: It’s almost showtime. Ohio State’s 2014 class ranked No. 3 in the nation by 247Sports. Many of those recruits have not played any significant time and will be called on Saturday to deliver. Are they ready? Tony Gerdeman on the 2014 class finally getting their shot.
TWO RECRUITS DECIDE NOVEMBER 29: Late November is always an important time for Buckeye football. This season mark your calendars for November 29. Two top OSU targets will make their decisions: four-star linebacker Anthony Hines and five-star linebacker Baron Browning. Ari Wasserman with more.
Thanks for clicking on The Buckeye Daily — the Ohio State morning football briefing the press, program and fans read, edited by Sporting News college football contributor Jim Baird. Know someone who would appreciate this e-mail? Sign up here or send me a line email@example.com. And join the squad following on Twitter @buckeyedaily.
1) Urban Meyer’s first team at Bowling Green remains special to the Ohio State head coach, Jeff Svoboda, Scout – August 29
2) Coaches Differ on Need to End Kickoffs, Tim May, Columbus Dispatch – August 29
3) What Mike Weber needs to do for Ohio State to reach the playoff, Chad Peltier, Land-Grant Holy Land – August 29
4) Mewhort expected to miss 2-4 weeks, AP – August 29
5) VIDEO – Can’t-Miss: John Simon’s pick six, NFL – August 28